1. Reply to this post with "not today," and I will pick five of your icons.
2. Make a post (including the meme info) and talk about the icons I chose.
3. Other people can then comment to you and make their own posts.
4. This will create a never-ending cycle of icon glee.
( Read more... )
Have an edited meme or 2!
1. bake cupcakes for:
2. trust with the keys to my car:
3. put thumbtacks on the chair thereof:
4. have a crush on:
5. pack up and leave if they moved next door:
6. vote for President:
7. pick as my partner in a buddy movie:
8. pair up:
9. vote off the island and into the volcano:
10. wheedle into fixing my MP3 player:
Fandoms I can use for this: FMA, InuYasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Inu Boku SS, Bleach, DRRR, Trigun, Avatar, Black Butler, Hetalia, MASH, Game of Thrones, Star Wars and I think that's it.
1. The Dark Tower part 3: The Wastelands by Stephen King. I think this is my favorite because it really shows the bond that Roland and Jake share. It's not til the last book that we find out just how much they mean to each other, but you can really see that there's some kind of emotional dependance between them at this point. Also, the ka-tet is finally whole. This one is the best illustrated too (imo). So much of everything that I love about the Dark Tower is in this particular volume... It's just one of my very favorites!
2. Napalm and Silly Putty by George Carlin. Sometimes you just need to laugh, especially when you stress and worry over every little thing like people with Panic Disorder do. My most favorite parts are the ones where he talks about the dogs. As a dog lover I'm pretty sure I've experienced every moment he has, because dogs as a whole are pretty much the same XD I also like the parts where he breaks apart the idiosyncrasies of the English language ("How can you pre-board a plane? How do you get on before you get on?"), and the parts where he's driving. (Ever get in the car and you got the radio playing and then it starts raining, so you flip on the wipers and then you have to turn the radio up a little? And then there's traffic and horns are honking and engines are rumbling all around you and you got this rain and the wipers, so you turn it up a little more? And then finally you get to your destination and you turn the car off, and when you come back and start the car the radio is THIS FUCKING LOUD!!!!?) I did not like Brain Droppings as much, or When's Jesus bringing the Pork Chops or whatever, but this one is just a great fun read that you can pick up and just open to any page.
3. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I'm not sure why my sister and I love this book so much. Maybe it's the fact these kids are closer to what we grew up with as kids, maybe it's because we could see a bit of ourselves in Ponyboy, struggling to make the right choices and still be a cool kinda dude. It's a deeply emotional story about growing up that doesn't take forever to read, and is as comfy and cozy as cuddling up with a cup of hot chocolate, even with all the drama in it.
4. The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King. This and Game of Thrones are a lot alike I think, and now that I'm more familiar with GoT I should reread this. I think I love it so much because the little kid in me loves the hiding/spying place in the dragon's head. and you really get a feel for how much the two brothers have suffered in it. It's awful how much crap they both go through... And I love that really, this is a part of the Dark Tower too on some level.
5. Go the Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach. I have a copy of this that is signed by the author and illustrator, it was my first Mother's Day present :3 I love it because it prepared me, and it's a laugh riot all the way through because it's completely TRUE.
To be honest, I don't read actual books anymore since discovering fan fiction, because the sites can be filtered to find shorter stories that don't take weeks to get through. I'm struggling to get through Game of Thrones because I can't read it on my phone! Clash of Kings I'm gonna buy from the app store...
While bay115 certainly had all her guesses right, seta_suzume simply had more guesses (that were also right). You both win though because at least you played :D
Here are the answers!
1. Zuko and Mai, Avatar: the Last Airbender
2. Milly Thompson and Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Trigun
3. Rose Thomas and Scar, Fullmetal Alchemist
4. Miroku and Sango, InuYasha
5. Heymans Braeda and Madame Christmas, Fullmetal Alchemist
6. Ling Yao and Lan Fan, Fullmetal Alchemist
7. Mitzi and Hiro Nohara, Shin Chan
8. Celty Sturluson and Shinra Kishitani, Durarara!!
9. Sesshomaru and Rin, InuYasha
10. Roland Deschain and Susan Delgado, The Dark Tower series
11. Alphonse Elric and Ling Yao, Fullmetal Alchemist
12. Nanoka Kohinata and Koshiro Saeki, Koi Kaze
13. Kenshin Himura and Kaoru Kamiya, Rurouni Kenshin
14. Shino and Jin, Samurai Champloo
15. Saya Otonashi and Haji, Blood+
16. Padme Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars
17. Arya Stark and Gendry Waters, Game of Thrones
18. Sesshomaru's mother and Kohaku, InuYasha
19. Korra and Bolin, Legend of Korra
20. Germany and Italy, Hetalia
There ya are! Now I can start a new meme!
- Respond to this post with “meme me, baby!’ or other cool/badass/funny alternatives and I shall:
- Tell you why I friended you.
- Associate you with something.
- Tell you something I like about you
- Tell you a memory I have of you.
- Associate you with a character/pairing.
- Bonus: SHIP you with a character from one of my fandoms
- Ask something I've always wanted to know about you.
- Tell you my favourite userpic of yours.
- Tell you that you must post this in your own journal.
1. Think of up to 20 ships you support.
2. List them using descriptions of the characters involved rather than their names.
3. Have your audience guess as many of the ships as they can.
4. Fandom hints will be given if asked in the comments.
Ready to play? This is going to be fun!!
( Read more... )
Wow, that was really hard! Start making guesses, some are not canon obviously, but I'd love to see who gets what right!
( Why do we ponder such things? I like it better when I don't see reality!!! lol )
Your result for The Lover Style Profile Test ...
The Devoted Lover
68% partner focus, 24% aggressiveness, 45% adventurousness
Based on the results of this test, it is highly likely that:
You prefer your romance and love to be traditional rather than daring or out-of-the-ordinary, you would rather be pursued than do the pursuing and, when it comes to physical love, your satisfaction comes more from providing a wonderful time to your partner than simply seeking your own.
This places you in the Lover Style of: The Devoted Lover.
The Devoted Lover is a wonderful Lover Style, and is perhaps the best Lover Style when it comes to developing a long-term, caring and rewarding relationship. The Devoted Lover is a treasure to find, though it is sometimes difficult to time establishing a relationship with one just right; usually, this is the last romantic relationship you'll need to find, so sow any wild oats first.
In terms of physical love, the Devoted Lover can be shy at first but gradually warms and eventually can be a thrilling partner who knows every need of his/her partner. Given a strong and loving relationship, and the right lover, the Devoted Lover can be a delight in bed.
Best Compatibility can probably be found with: The Suave Lover (most of all) or the Classic Lover, or the Carnal Lover.
Congratulations! Thanks Again! -- THE LOVER STYLE PROFILE TEST
So this one come from missyquill, who got it from someone else (hmm, sounds like chickenpox!). She gave me the color pink and I have to tell the entire interwebs 10 things that I think of when I think pink. These are in no particular order and may be a little naughty XD
( Read more... )
1. WiFi free restaurants. This drives me out of my fucking mind! You go to a restaurant and everyone is on their smart phone checking their email, updating facebook and uploading a vid to youtube. It's a restaurant! Chat with your friends and EAT!
2. Phones that DON'T have touch screens. When I'm on my phone and I hear that vibrating sound because my ear is starting like 25 apps while I'm talking to my mom, that pisses me off. And on my phone, I can't delete the apps I don't want. And they update automatically and now I'm almost out of space when I don't even use half of the stupid apps. GRR. I want a dumb phone again!
3. The days before Supercenters. Remember when you went to a grocery store for food and a retail store for clothes? There's something about buying my clothes and food in the same place that I don't like. Like I don't want a package of new underwear lying on top of my ice cream. Makes me think that my ice cream will taste like ass or something. I know it's supposed to be convenient, but it's just weird to me.
4. FREE AIR at the gas station. I don't know what fuck face decided it would be cool to charge a fucking DOLLAR for five minutes on the air compressor at the gas station. People don't freaking carry cash in this country anymore, so if you're gonna charge a damn dollar for air, put a credit/debit card reader on the damn thing! I'm lucky that there's ONE gas station near my house that still has free air. I went inside and thanked them for it too.
5. 3D comic books. Just because they're really cool. In fact, I propose that Marvel comics do a complete redeux of FMA in 3D. THE WORLD NEEDS THIS.
Day 01 – Your favorite all-time fandom(s)
ALL TIME FAVS... Definitely Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach. I would say InuYasha but most people in the fandom are rabid and some are downright vicious if you don't agree with them.
Day 02 – Your current fandom
Right now I'm mostly involved in FMA, though I still dabble in IY and Rurouni Kenshin.
Day 03 – First fandom, the one that made you the fangirl you are today
Day 04 –First, current, or favorite fandom crush
( Read more... )
2. I will give you a letter.
3. Post the names of five fictional characters whose names begin with that letter, and your thoughts on each. The characters can be from books, movies, or TV shows
got it from cornerofmadness who gave me the letter M. (I will save the first one who came to mind for the end XD)
( Mustang, Misao, Maka, Mugen and Miroku )
( Read more... )
In other news, it's day 3 of the heart flutters and I'm about sick of it already. I am thankful though that it isn't flat out panic because 3 days of panic and I would have gone to the ER already. Seems like the flutters are more frequent and more intense when I'm at the computer (NOOOOOOO!!!!!) because if I'm watching tv or playing with Joey or doing anything else, I don't seem to have them, and if I do they're just little nudge-y type flutters not BANG BANG flutters. I'm still kinda sick, but it's just residual snot in my head I guess. The cough isn't bronchitis (thank the gods). My ear decided to stop up yesterday which sucks. I can hear but it's like all crackly like when you get water trapped in there... I hope I didn't get any more cotton down in there, that shit hurts when they remove it.
Let me just add for the record that Chuck E. Cheese with a 20 month old is a nightmare.